Trail Conditions: Closed
Snow Cover: 1-2 inches
Date of Report: December 18, 2020
December 18, 2020 – 8:06am – 18 degrees
Trails in Eagle River & All of Vilas County CLOSED
The wait for SNOW continues. Frozen ground & most swamps & wet areas. On top a couple of inches of SNOW. A little SNOW tonight, Monday & Wednesday. Need a loud SNOW DANCE that we can hear up here!
Vilas County Forestry, Recreation & Land department has completed 10 of the 11 snowmobile club inspections. Last inspection will be completed today. Once all are done it’s a waiting game ’til the SNOW gets here.
A few updates on the trails:
Trail 13 that heads west of Eagle River has a re route in the section that comes out on Oak Lane by the Pine Gables Restaurant. There is new construction going on so the club has done a temporary move over of the trail. The club is working with the Vilas Forestry, Recreation and Land department to complete the permanent re route which will be in place for the 2021-2022 season. If you are familiar with that trail rather than the 2 corners at the west end by Oak Lane it will go straight ahead. TRAIL WILL BE OPEN.
Also the lake spur off of the Eagle Lake Trail that takes you to Eagle Waters Resort is back open!!! The owner Laura Koranda & adjacent landowners worked hard to have this happen!
Let’s get a loud SNOW DANCE GOING! Can’t wait to see ya all out on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 should be starting soon
News and Reports:
ICE CASTLE CONSTRUCTION SHOULD START IN JANUARY.
NEW LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN EAGLE RIVER
More details soon
Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday trail rides are set to begin Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 9am.
Call club President, Howard (Rusty) Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more details
- December 25, 2020 – MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
- January 5, 2021 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – 6pm – VFW Hall – Hwy 70W on left just past lights.
- January 8-10, 2021 – Vintage World Championship Races – At the Derby Track – Hwy 45N across from Trackside – Volunteers needed.
- January 15-17, 2021 – World Championship Races – At the Derby Track – Hwy 45N across from Trackside – Volunteers needed
- January 18, 2021 – Annual Military Ride – Leaving from the Derby Track – hwy 45N across from Trackside
- January 21, 2021 – Sno-Eagles General membership meeting. You can attend virtually by going to Facebook & joining Sno-Eagles CLUB MEMBERS ONLY page.
- January 29-31, 2021 – Women on Snow
Call club President, Howard (Rusty) Wolf at 262.442.4876 is you have questions or would like to join the club or volunteer.