Snow Cover: 6-9 inches - Hard base of 3 inches
Date of Report: December 19, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Good Early Riding Condition
Another chilly morning in Eagle River, WI! 9 below zero at 6:30am. Good news it will be 18 for a high with some wind chill. So dress warm when you head out.
Looks like best chance for SNOW is Wednesday, Christmas Day and the day after, Monday.
No grooming Sunday due to the cold temps so no report from Trail Boss, Brian Scheid this morning. Here are some current on going conditions.
- Manske Swamp (portion of Trail 3) Open but not groomed. Beware of Ice Chunks.
- WI River Bridge (portion of 10/13) Open but not groomed. Pretty smooth & frozen
- Catfish Lake & Eagle Lake – Marked Closed
Grooming Schedule – Should be grooming everyday this week starting today, Monday. Weather permitting. Stay tuned!
Last not all Counties are open so please if you come upon a closed gate, fencing or signing please do not enter.
Keep THINKING COLD and Doin’ The Snow Dance! It’s working!
Did you remember to register your sled & buy trail passes?
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.