Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 12+- on trail - 2-6 inch base
Date of Report: December 21, 2019
December 21, 2019 – 7:29am 23 degrees
SNOWMOBILE TRAILS IN EAGLE RIVER
& ALL OF VILAS COUNTY OPEN.
First day of open trails. Saw lots of riders. More than expected.
In Eagle River Sno-Eagle trails the following are groomed.
- Trail 10E – East of Eagle River – except 9Mi section & section between Loon & Bloom Rds
- City Trail – From Trig’s Shell to Bloom Rd connect with 10
- Trail 1N – to Eagle Lk boat launch & section to Townline Rd
- Trail 13N – to WI River turn
- Trail GranpaGrahm/aks 1S – off of 10E to Rangeline Rd
- Trail 17N – From intersection with 13N to Chain o’ Lks Rd
- Trail 10W/13N – to the Uncle Kent Trail – except WI River Bridge
- Trail 3S/aka Alt 13S – the grade toward Three Lakes -there is a slight re route so follow the signs
- Uncle Kent Trail – From intersection 10W to end at Hwy G
Wisconsin River Trail aka 10W/13N, Manske Swamp aka Trail3N & Loon & Bloom Rd section of 10E(use City/Trig’s Trl to Bloom Rd) are not groomed & could have soft spots.
Catfish & Eagle Lake Trails are NOT MARKED. So I’d wait before crossing
The Oneida County Snowmobile Trail System OPENED yesterday. With the exception of Hodag Sno-Trails Corridor 12 from TIN 247(intersection Trl 12 & 47) through TIN 842(Hwy 47) & Three Lakes Alt 13 closed from TIN 122(Rice Lk Rd) through TIN 022(intersection north of Burnham Lk)
The Forest County Snowmobile Trail System OPENED yesterday. No further details are available.
Heading into Christmas/New Years week & the end of the month. Which means yep a bit of a warm up. Seems this happens at the end every month of the winter. SNOW forecast Wednesday into Thursday. No totals yet.
Been waiting since last March to say this. See ya on the trails!
Have a great day!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
December 25 – Merry Christmas!
January 8 – First Wednesday Ride – Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 – 9am
January 9 – First Thursday Ride – Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 – 9am
January 17-19 – World Championship Snowmobile Derby – Food Booth Volunteers needed
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.