Snow Cover: 3 inch base - 6-9 inches top snow
Date of Report: December 22, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair to Good Early Riding Condition
It snowed heavy for a short period of time yesterday & the Eagle River area got 2-3 inches of new SNOW!
Grooming every night this week reported by the Trail Boss, Brian Scheid, 715.891.2332. Weather Conditions permitting. When they groom 90% of the trails are groomed. Did see the T-5 out on the west side of Trail 10E across from the Sports Arena early evening last night.
The heavy SNOW was perfect for a trail ride so Tom & I took a short zippy 60 mile ride. Here’s where we went & what we saw:
Trail 10E crosses the end of our drive & we headed east & gassed at Nobbes North. Then continued east to check if we could get to Phelps. At the Eagle River/Three Lakes connect it is still closed. That’s because Forest County Trails are not open until Friday at 9am.
Headed back west on Trail 10E. Crossed Loon Lake Rd and on to where Trail 10 & Alt Trail 13 meet. Right on Alt Trail 13 “the Grade” into Eagle River.
Rode through town. Nice birm being built in town. Heading north. Take “the Grade” all the way to Trail 3 & 10/13 intersection.
Left onto Trail 10/13. Nice woods riding with a short ride on Adams Rd. Into the woods again & into the Petrified Forest (the power poles) area. Eventually heading toward the WI River Bridge.
Bridge area was frozen up tight & actually not too bumpy either. Few ruts on the west side beyond the approaches.
Took a loop on all the 13’s up there. The 2 way & the 1 ways. There were areas in the 1 ways that I would rate at Good Season Riding.
Lunch at Bauer’s for some of their Bauer’s Dam Good Chicken Soup! Came back home the same way.
All in all saw a sort of conditions. Fair & Good Early Riding. A few snirty areas. And some just plan Good riding!
Keep THINKING COLD and Doin’ The Snow Dance! It’s working!
See Ya On The Trails! I’m Ridin’ again on Friday!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.