Snow Cover: 2-4" based covered with loose snow in most areas
Date of Report: December 27, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair Early Riding Condition
Winter has returned to Eagle River. We did have a warm up but all in all no real rain. Christmas night it was misty out east of Eagle River and appears that was the case throughout Sno-Eagles Country. For the most part cloudy except for a short period yesterday around lunch time. Today’s temps are high of 16 and low of 9. 20’s for the rest of the week during the day and teens overnight. There is snow in the forecast everyday starting tomorrow through Saturday. Most days not much. Best snow is Thursday. No totals yet. Stay tuned.
It is SNOWING at 7:40am east of Eagle River.
Grooming resumed last night. Check out the Trail Boss Report of trails groomed below. Keep in mind there may be sections ungroomed due to mush, slush on the trails.
- 70W to St. Germain – Groomed
- 10W to Sayner – Groomed
- 13N to Conover – Groomed
- 10E heading east & connecting to Three Lakes Trails & north – Groomed
- Alt Trail 13S portion of Town Run – Groomed with some areas not groomed, but packed with snowmobles
- 13S portion of Town Run – Not Groomed but packed with snowmobile
- 7N/17S portion of Town Run – Not Groomed but packed with snowmobile
- 17N/3N portion of Town Run – Groomed but some areas not groomed, but packed with snowmobiles
- 3 – Manske Swamp portion – Not Groomed but passable by sled. Rough in spots USE CAUTION
- 10W/13N – WI River Bridge portion – Not Groomed but passable by sled. Trail packed by sled, USE CAUTION
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are not open. Volunteers are checking ice depth. Stay tuned for updates. Please stay off the lakes.
The Iron, Oneida & Forest County Trails are now open. Please check with the Clubs in those Counties for the up to date report. Especially Lake Conditions.
Time to THINK COLD & Doin’ The Snow Dance! Need to hear it clear up here!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – with conditions changing will update more than once a day if necessary.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.