Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Variable ice base - Snow on trail pretty good
Date of Report: February 14, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS
GOOD to FAIR
February 14, 2022 – 6:30m 14 below – High of 15 today – 6 below tonight
Cold overnight & today. Then a 2 day warm up. High 20’s & even 30. Will be cloudy so the evil sun will not do it’s damage. Then back to cold. Snow on Friday.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows groomers left the Groomer Barn along Hwy 45N near the Snowmobile Derby Track last night & groomed the following trails:
North of Eagle River
- Trail 10/13 from groomer barn to the connect with the Conover trails
- Wisconsin River bridge crossing of Trail 10/13 that heads west
- Trail 10 & 7 heading west to the connect with the Sayner trails
- Trail 13 (the one way section only)heading north toward Buckatabon Lake/Bauers Dam connect with Conover trails
- Trail 17N
- Trail 1 to the northside entrance to Eagle Lake trail
West & South West
- Trail 70 to the connect with the St. Germain trails
- Trail 17S from Honey Bear Restaurant intersection to Sugar Camp trails connect
- Trail 7 aka Paint Ball Field that heads west (right) off Trail 17 to Sugar Camp connect near Kathan Inn
When you come upon them first pull over & then give ’em a thumbs up!
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. Stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water this season far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn – Leave 9am this morning!
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash
- 3/1 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – 6pm – Location TBD
- 3/17 – General member meeting at Chef Rene’s – 6:30pm – Hwy 70W of Eagle River
- 3/26 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pmm – Trackside – Hwy 45N across from the Derby Track
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – “The Legislative Voice of Wisconsin Snowmobilers”
Snowmobile Wisconsin – Know before you go!