Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Plenty of SNOW - could use some new SNOW to freshen up
Date of Report: February 16, 2020
February 16, 2020 – 7:37am – 5 degree – Clear
SNOWMOBILE TRAILS IN EAGLE RIVER
Good – Some ice under looser SNOW
SNOW yesterday for about 1 hour leaving a schiff of SNOW. Not measurable. Today it will be 17 for a high & 1 degree tonight. 1-2 inches of SNOW forecast for tomorrow with temps popping up to high 30.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS Trails) reports shows almost all trails were groomed in the last 24 hours.
- Headed north from the groomer barn Trail 10W/13N groomed up to Hwy G crossing. Section from there to Conover connect to include the Wisconsin River section of 10W/13N not groomed
- Uncle Kent trail
- 10W/7 groomed to Sayner & St. Germain connect
- The section of 13’s in the Buckatabon bride/Bauers Dam area that connect to Conover
- 17N to Columbus Rd
- 1 to Eagle Lake boat launch
- Heading south from the groomer barn through town
- Alt 13/3N (the grade) to Three Lakes connect
- 10E to include 9Mi trail groomed. Chanticleer Inn trail (1) off of 10E that takes you to Eagle Lk & GrampGrahm trail (1) that takes you to the road trail to Eagle Water Resort not groomed. City trail from Trig’s Shell to Bloom Rd not groomed
- 70W to St. Germain connect
- 17S to Sugar Camp connect
- 7 aka Paint Ball Field to Hwy H near Kathan Inn
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked. No reports of surface slush. Eagle Lake a little chop but nothing bad. Icy with blow off of snow in some sections. Please slow down.
It’s President’s Weekend & time to ride! Plenty of traffic to ride right on straight aways, curves & hills.
Could use fresh SNOW so KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!!!
See you on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
February 19 – Vilas County Snowmobile Alliance – Arbor Vitae Cross Country Cruisers hosting
Please contact Sno-Eagles President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 to volunteer for any event.