Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Hard base holding with snow on top
Date of Report: February 23, 2021
February 23– 6:44am Currently 28 – High of 39 today
Trails remain on average in GOOD Condition
TRAILS IN VILAS COUNTY ARE NOT CLOSING
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
Trail Groomers were out again last night heading west, northwest & south. Here is a list of trails NOT groomed
- 10E & spurs
- 1N that goes to Eagle Lake trail
- 3N aka Manske Swamp
- 10W dead end spur that comes out by Uncle Kent’s at Hwy G
Not as much traffic as over the weekend.
SNOW on the way with a weather advisory from 6pm tonight through tomorrow morning at 6am. 2-4 inches expected with 3-5 inches along Vilas county northern border.
Night time temps will drop starting Wednesday night. Teens at night until Sunday when temps at night will drop to single digits. Temps during the day will remain in high 20’s even low 30’s during the day. It will be cloudy which will hold the SNOW.
Please stay on the trails to keep them trails open.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Drifting on Catfish. Watch for ice fishing holes on both lakes. The lakes are marked by the businesses on the lake so stop in & thank them when you’re out riding.
Ride it while we got it. SEE YA ON THE TRAILS!
News and Reports:
Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday Guided Trail Rides.
Start at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 10/13N – 9am departure
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information on the rides
- February 27 – UTV Arctic Derby Dash – Volunteers needed
- February 27 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pm – Trackside – Hwy 45N – Tickets available at businesses all through Eagle River, Conover & Three Lakes – Buckets raffles too!
- March 2 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – VFW Post 8637 – 6pm – One block west of Eliason Realty – Hwy 70 on the left – Public Welcome
- March 18 – General Membership Meeting – 7pm – Via Facebook – Goes to Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities
contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information