Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 3+- hard base loose SNOW on most trails
Date of Report: February 24, 2021
6:41am Currently 30 with temps dropping all day today – 10 tonight
Trails on average FAIR – Some GOOD Condition
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
Trail Groomers were out again last night heading north & northwest. Trails GROOMED are:
- 10/13 heading north from the Groomer Barn located on Hwy 45N by the Holiday North Gas Station all the way to the Conover trail connect
- Turning onto 10/13 & grooming over the Wisconsin River snowmobile bridge
- On the west side of the 10 heads west & 13 heads north – both ALL groomed
- 10 & 7 join & 7 was also groomed to the Sayner/St. Germain trails
It looks like we are heading into the “Adventure Sledding” part of the season. 10E is fine heading east on the south side of the road. On the north side heading back into to town has burn throughs. Same with open areas on 70W. More ice in the corners with some having heavy snirt.
Overnight SNOW did not produce totals as promised. Maybe 2 inches+ when it stops SNOWING this around 8am. Night time temps will drop starting tonight. Overnight temps starting tonight through the at least the next week will be in the teens to single digits. This will hold the trails. Need ya to THINK COLD for during the day. Next SNOW is Sunday. Stay tuned.
Please stay on the trails to keep them trails open. Lots of off trail riding is causing a lot of problems. Done preaching.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Drifting on Catfish. Watch for ice fishing holes on both lakes. The lakes are marked by the businesses on the lake so stop in & thank them when you’re out riding.
Ride it while we got it. SEE YA ON THE TRAILS!
News and Reports:
NO Sno-Eagles Wednesday Guided Trail Ride today.
Thursday Guided Trail Ride will be going out
Start at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 10/13N – 9am departure
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information on the rides
- February 27 – UTV Arctic Derby Dash – Volunteers needed
- February 27 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pm – Trackside – Hwy 45N – Tickets available at businesses all through Eagle River, Conover & Three Lakes – Buckets raffles too!
- March 2 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – VFW Post 8637 – 6pm – One block west of Eliason Realty – Hwy 70 on the left – Public Welcome
- March 18 – General Membership Meeting – 7pm – Via Facebook – Goes to Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
- March 19-20 – RAM Trucks National Snocross – World Championship Derby Complex -Stay tuned for more details!
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities
contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information