Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 14+ inches crunchy snow - 7+- inch hard base - Fresh SNOW needed
Date of Report: January 14, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS MOSTLY FAIR WITH GOOD RIDING CONDITION
2022 Eagle River Ice Castle – Trail 10/13N in town by the Historic Railroad Depot
Built by the Eagle River Fire Department, City of Eagle River
& the Many, Many Volunteers of our Community
January 14, 2022 – 7:55 am 5 degrees – High of 13 today
Temps in the teens for highs for the entire weekend. Next chance of SNOW is Sunday in the morning & Monday night. Looks like less than a inch both days. Tuesday forecast SNOW all day off & on with maybe 2 inches. Could use more. START DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!!
The base of 7 inches +- that is frozen hard is holding. There is loose hard SNOW in most areas but crunchy with not much moisture. SNOW depth is about 14 inches There are a few icy corners. Not as many as I expected. All in all trails are Fair with many Good areas. Was happy to see trails are SNOW covered with the exception of some of the approaches to crossing. Even through town was Fair. But we really need more FRESH SNOW. A good 60 plus mile ride is taking 10E off Alt Trail 13S. It connects with the Three Lakes Trails & takes you into Three Lakes. Lots of woods riding. A favorite of mine.
Update on grooming equipment. For the last week plus the Sno-Eagles have only had 2 groomers out steadily. The 3rd piece has been experiencing electrical problems & has not been out very much. Report from Club VP is that all 3 groomers will be out this weekend!! When you see ’em move over & stop. Then give ’em a thumbs up!
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows most trails groomed last night. Here are the trails sections NOT groomed. Pick up a map to see exact locations
- Section of Trail 10/13N from Hwy G to where the trail comes out on Adams Rd – North of Eagle River – Not groomed.
- Trail 3 aka Manske Swamp – the trail that runs between Trail 17N & Trail 10/13N – north of Eagle River. Hwy 45N
- Club trail we call Uncle Kent that runs from Hwy G crossing to the west & connects to Trail 10W.
- Trail 17S that connects to Sugar Camp trails heading south along Hwy 17
- Trail 7 that heads west off of Trail 17S. We call it the Paintball Field. It connects to the Sugar Camp trails near Kathan Inn along Hwy H west of Eagle River.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails were marked & are NOW OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. Note the spur from the northside Eagle Lake boat launch that leads to Eagle Waters is NOT OPEN at this time. Work in progress. Stay tuned.
There is a re route on 10/13/7/17 heading west. Did stump grinding to help smooth out the area. New SNOW has helped that area a lot.
Sure would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to email@example.com
KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/13-14 – Badger State Winter Games Torch Ride from Wausau to Eagle River World Championship Derby Track
- 1/13-16 – 59th running of the World Championship Derby – Friday Night Thunder tonight!!!!
- 1/17 – 2021 Military Ride – Leaving from the World Championship Derby Complex
- 1/20 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Buckshots Downtown
- 1/21-23 – Sno-Eagles Weekend Away to North Star Casino, Bowler
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours