Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 2-3 inch hard base. Loose snow on top.
Date of Report: January 22, 2018
ALL SNOWMOBILE TRAILS ARE OPEN
SNOW MOVING IN
Wet packy SNOW is moving into the area about noon today. Weather guys are calling for 3-5 inches of SNOW today with another 1-3 inches tonight. SNOW is going to be heavy at times. Boy can’t wait to get out there riding some fresh SNOW! Nothing better!
The groomers were out in full force last night prepping the trails for this heavy SNOW fall. Nearly the entire system was groomed last night. Thanks again drivers. Remember give them 2 thumbs up. Also pull over so they can get by you. The equipment is not designed to go off trail. As riders if we go in & get stuck the groomers can pull us out. Not the same if we had to try to pull them out.
Conditions right now before the SNOW are FAIR in town. GOOD to VERY GOOD pretty much everywhere else. Heading north & east in the woods farther out there are areas of EXCELLENT.
Here are a few continuing reminders:
- Trail 1N logging operation continues in the section between the Town of Washington Town Hall & Eagle Lake. Clearly marked with signs.
- Wisconsin River Trail – 10W/13N & Manske Swamp – 3N are being groomed off & on. There are rough spots but it is frozen tight. All SNOW covered. Have had no reports of any slush out on either of these trails. Do not leave the trail to be safe.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE NOW BOTH MARKED AND OFFICIALLY OPEN. PLEASE STAY BY THE BARRELS TO BE SAFE. VERY HARD SURFACE. NO REPORTS OF SURFACE SLUSH AS OF LAST NIGHT. REMINDER THE CATFISH LAKE LOOP TO LUMPY’S IS NO LONGER A TRAIL.
If you are riding zip on over to the “grade” to check out the 2018 Eagle River Area Fire Department ICE CASTLE!!!! Located adjacent to the downtown “grade” trail by the Historic Railroad Grade. The lights installed change colors. Ice benches as part of the Castle let you take photos of your group. Check out this link Eagle River Ice Castle to check out a video of the Ice Castle building. Holding up well in the warm up.
Next on the Winter events schedule is the 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey set for February 9-11 on Dollar Lake east of Eagle River. Check out the is link LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey for info.
THINK COLD & Keep Dancin’!
Snow is coming. See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Every Wednesday & Thursday throughout the snowmobiling season – Sno-Eagles Guided Trail Ride. Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 in town at 9am. All are welcome. Trail conditions permitting.
Jan 26-28 – Women on Snow
January 27 – Saturday Night Out – Nutty Squirrel – 5:30pm
Jan 31 – Feb 2 – Weekday Ride-A-Way
Feb 6 – Board of Directors meeting, Hall of Fame
Feb 9-11 – 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey on Dollar Lake
- Feb 15 – Member Meeting – Eddie B’s – 6pm
- Feb 18 – Celebrate Snowmobiling Dignitary Ride & Gathering
- Feb 24 – Ride With Pride drawing – TrackSide – 12noon – Tickets available at Eagle River businesses, Chamber of Commerce & from many Club members $5 each or 3 for $10
- Feb 24 – Trail Ride following Ride With Pride drawing
- Feb 24 – Saturday Night Out – Silver Leaf – 5:30pm
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration