Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: 2-8 inches SNOW total
Date of Report: January 25, 2021
January 25 – 6:25am Currently 0 – High of 19 today – Low tonight 0
Trails on average Fair Condition
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
10/13 “grade” in town to Hwy G, 17N, 1N, alt13S, 10E incl 1S & 9mile, 10/7 N & W
Groomers were out last night grooming many of the trails in & around Eagle River. With the cold temps overnight the groomers have laid down a really nice trail with loose SNOW on top. Corners are icy. Best riding with most SNOW is still Northwest & east of town. It’s still Adventure Sledding. All kinds of conditions out there. Will report on the what we see after this afternoon’s ride tomorrow morning.
REMINDER: Trail 3N aka Manske Swamp has been closed. Due to high water & off rail riding. This trail is a cut across between 13N & 17N. It may reopen when it freezes back up.
Off trail riding continues to be a problem throughout Vilas county. What this is doing is jeopardizing trail easements & will cause trail section closures. Please once again stay on marked trails.
Last week off trail riding on Catfish lake took the life of a snowmobiler. He was no where near the barrels that are placed on Catfish & Eagle by businesses on those lakes. To include the spur to Eagle Waters. This was completely avoidable. Please stay by the markers to be safe. Entire lakes are NOT safe.
ALSO PLEASE REMEMBER WHILE VILAS COUNTY TRAILS ARE OPEN, ONEIDA & FOREST ARE NOT. PLEASE DO NOT RIDE IN THOSE AREAS. This includes Three Lakes, Sugar Camp & Newbold which are all in Oneida county. Should this change will do an update.
KEEP THINKING COLD & DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 reporting conditions weekly
Eagle River area events – Sno-Eagles club events
Snowtracks Reports for many areas of Vilas County
News and Reports:
UPDATE – Sno-Eagles Wednesday & Thursday rides start has been cancelled for now.
Will resume when there is more SNOW
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information as to when rides start
- January 29-31 – Women on Snow
- February 2 – Sno-Eagles Board Meeting – 6pm – VFW Eagle River – Hwy 70 just south of Verizon – Southside of the highway
- February 9-11 – Mid Week Overnight ride to White Pine – Rooms still available – Contact Carol Radloff 715.479.5153 for details
- February 12 & 13 – Ride With the Champs – Whitetail Inn – St. Germain – Benefits the Snowmobile Hall of Fame – Contact Jamie Zeller 715.542.4463 for details
- February 18 – General membership meeting via Sno-Eagles Facebook live.
- February 20-21 – USSA World Series of Snowmobiling Race – WCDC Track – Hwy 45N – Volunteers needed
- February 26-27 – UTV Arctic Derby Dash – Volunteers needed
- February 27 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pm – Trackside – Hwy 45N
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.487
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit (pictured on the right) emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information