Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 7 inch base - Loose snow on top - Some crusty
Date of Report: January 25, 2022
EAGLE RIVER TRAILS
WIDE RANGE OF CONDITIONS
ON AVERAGE FAIR to GOOD
January 25, 2022 – 7:45 am 9 below zero – High of 3 today
Somebody left the freezer door open! It 9 below this morning & will only get to 3. So if you’re riding dress warm. Fully charge phone in an inside pocket. Stop more often.
As for the trails really no change at all. Could use some fresh snow. As it’s crusty out there. Corners are icy. Didn’t ride yesterday. Probably won’t today as it’s a tad bit too cold. Riding tomorrow for sure and will get you a detail riding report. Heading east on 10E working our way toward Phelps tomorrow then come into Eagle River using Trail 17N. Will run Catfish & maybe Eagle to let know the conditions.
The Groomer Tracking System AP (GTS) shows spot grooming Eagle River last night. Here are the trails THAT WERE GROOMED overnight
- Trail 10W/13N – From the groomer barns in Eagle River across from Derby Track north all the way to the Wisconsin River Bridge section.
- Wisconsin River Bridge section west to the 10W/13N intersection.
- 10W – West toward Sayner. To include grooming 7S.
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. To be safe stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. There have been several sleds going into the water this winter. ALL were not where near a trail.
Sure would like trail photos so I can post to the report to let other riders see the real time conditions. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE! Never enough SNOW!
See ya on the trails!!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 1/27-30 – Women on Snow – Eagle Waters Resort – Rangeline Rd off Hwy 70E
- 1/29 – SNO (Saturday Night Out) – Log Cabin, Conover 6pm
- 2/1 – Directors meeting at World Snowmobile HQ
- 2/5-6 – World Series of Snowmobile Racing
- 2/11-13 – Pond Hockey
- 2/14-18 – Weekday Away to Park Falls & Washburn
- 2/17 – Member meeting 6:30pm – Eddie B’s
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours