Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Hard base in most area some burn through - Snow on top icy but loose
Date of Report: January 28, 2018
Trails this morning are in FAIR condition in most areas with some POOR. Last night groomers were out & groomed trails north, northwest & west. This includes: 70W, 7/Kathan Inn, 13S, 10W/13N & 7 that connects to Sayner trails. Trail that were not groomed are very rough so be aware as you ride. Lots of traffic on the trails this weekend. Rode 10E early evening last night & it was well ridden & rough. Sun was out yesterday so heavy snirt on the north side of the one ways of 10E.
Warm temps are a thing of the past. Very light SNOW this morning. High of 18 today has already been reached. Temps will continue to drop all day to a low of 2 tonight. Tuesday night 70% chance of SNOW. Wednesday 50% chance of SNOW during the day.
Here are a few continuing reminders on the trails:
- Trail 1N logging operation continues in the section between the Town of Washington Town Hall & Eagle Lake. Clearly marked with signs. Minimal grooming on this trail.
- Wisconsin River Trail – 10W/13N & Manske Swamp – 3N – 10W/13N Snow covered and pretty smooth. No bumps at the approach to the bridge on 10W/13N.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE NOW BOTH MARKED AND OFFICIALLY OPEN. PLEASE STAY BY THE ORANGE REFLECTIVE BARRELS TO BE SAFE. REMINDER THE CATFISH LAKE LOOP TO LUMPY’S IS NO LONGER A TRAIL.
If you are riding zip on over to the “grade” to check out the 2018 Eagle River Area Fire Department ICE CASTLE!!!! Located adjacent to the downtown “grade” trail by the Historic Railroad Grade. The lights installed change colors. Ice benches as part of the Castle let you take photos of your group. Check out this link Eagle River Ice Castle to check out a video of the Ice Castle building. Warm did do damage to the turrets of the Castle. Good the cold is back.
Next on the Winter events schedule is the 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey set for February 9-11 on Dollar Lake east of Eagle River. Check out the is link LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey for info.
THINK COLD & Keep Dancin’!
See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Every Wednesday & Thursday throughout the snowmobiling season – Sno-Eagles Guided Trail Ride. Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 in town at 9am. All are welcome. Trail conditions permitting.
- Jan 31 – Feb 2 – Weekday Ride-A-Way
Feb 6 – Board of Directors meeting, Hall of Fame
Feb 9-11 – 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey on Dollar Lake
- Feb 15 – Member Meeting – Eddie B’s – 6pm
- Feb 18 – Celebrate Snowmobiling Dignitary Ride & Gathering
- Feb 24 – Ride With Pride drawing – TrackSide – 12noon
- Feb 24 – Trail Ride following Ride With Pride drawing
- Feb 24 – Saturday Night Out – Silver Leaf – 5:30pm
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30