Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Loaded with SNOW
Date of Report: January 28, 2020
January 28, 2020 – 7:22am 16 degrees & cloudy
SNOWMOBILE TRAILS IN EAGLE RIVER
Plenty of SNOW on the the trails & cold temps overnight. Great combination to get the trails back in shape after a very busy weekend. It’s 16 degrees right now with a high of 24 today & 12 tonight. Low nighttime temps for the next few days. And no evil sun.
The weather guys show a slight chance of SNOW flurries off & on this week. Next change of SNOW is next Monday. Stay tuned.
Groomer Tracking System shows nearly all trails were groomed west & north in the last 24. Below are the trails NOT groomed over night:
- Trails heading east including 10E, Chanticleer Inn, GrampGrahm, 9MI
- Trail 1 from Eagle Lake boat launch to the 17N & 1 intersection
- Trail 1 to Columbus Rd
- Small section of 17N that connects to 1- did groom 17N to Manske Swamp aka 3N intersection
- Uncle Kent trail
- Some section of 13N heading to Bauer’s Dam turn around
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked. Please stay by the orange reflective barrels.
Not much change & in general found trails sections especially in swamps have rough areas. Covered with plenty of snow but the bumps have set in the base & it is hard to correct.
- Manske Swamp has open spots
- Sections on 13N beyond Hwy G rough
- Loon Lk Rd to Bloom Rd section of 10E rough
- section of 17N from trail 1 to Columbus Rd rough
- 70W section from Sundstein Rd running past the Lincoln Townhall heading west to Synergy rough sections
- 17S from Paintball field to Sugar Camp connect.
Did notice some breakdown of the base at road crossings.
So here’s what you need to do…..KEEP THINKING COLD can use it & DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See you on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
February 4 – Sno-Eagles Board meeting – 6pm – Snowmobile Museum – Hwy 45N ALL WELCOME
February 7-9 – Pond Hockey – This year at the World Championship Derby Expo – Hwy 45N – Volunteers needed
Please contact Sno-Eagles President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 to volunteer for any event.
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours