Snow Cover: Hard base - Snow covered
Date of Report: January 31, 2017
Trails Good to Fair Condition
Snow started late yesterday afternoon with fine heavy at times wet snow. Too wet so it took time for it to accumulate. All said & done only about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches of SNOW total. So yes it time to DO THE SNOW DANCE! Pushing the SNOW up north. Weather guys forecast a little more SNOW on Wednesday.
Trail Boss reports no grooming last night. Groomers out again tonight. Trails have a hard base with loose SNOW on top. Traffic yesterday was very low. Trail are in Good to Fair Condition. In town snirt at the crossing. This is caused by the sand & salt put on the roads being dragged onto the trails.
Not seeing much in the line of problem areas other than it is icy under the new SNOW so you might notice sled slipping or “squirrelly” as you ride. Even on the straight aways.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels. No surface slush.
The WI River Bridge portion of Trails 10W/13N is CLOSED. Due to high water from the dam. It is FENCED/GATED. DO NOT GO AROUND THE BARRIERS.
Extreme Danger beyond the barriers.
Time to start Doin’ The Snow Dance!
Groomer Show in St. Germain on Wednesday, February 1.
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month