Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Hard packed SNOW with loose SNOW on top
Date of Report: March 2, 2021
7:11am Currently 16 – High 39
Trails GOOD to FAIR on average
GTS Trails app shows groomers out in the last 24 hours
Over night most of the Eagle River-Sno-Eagles trails were groomed. The following trails were NOT groomed
- Trail 10E & all spurs
- Trail 17N from 10/13N intersection to Trail 3N/17N intersection
- Trail 1N from Eagle Lake boat launch north to 17N
- Club Trail call Uncle Kent’s trail that dead ends at Hwy G west of Eagle River
Trails were in great shape yesterday. Took a short 50 miles ride starting about 6 miles east of Eagle River heading west on the one way trail into toward Eagle River.
- 10E Trail is on the north side of Hwy 70 going west. There were 2 areas of burn through under the pines near Catfish Lake Rd otherwise rest was GOOD condition.
- 10E/13 intersection headed to town on “the grade”. The 1 mile to town was VERY GOOD.
- Headed west on combo trail 70W/17/7/13 which was GOOD.
- Rode all the way to the 17/7/13 intersection near the Honey Bear. GOOD Left & crossed Hwy 70.
- The entire trail to the Sugar Camp connect was in GOOD to VERY GOOD shape with some chop.
- Rode back up to 7 & headed west. This section was GOOD with some chop.
- After crossing Hwy H turned right on Sugar Camp trail that runs in woods to “highline trails” it was VERY GOOD to EXCELLENT.
- Picked up Sugar Camp 70AE that comes out by the Kathan Inn. It was SNOW loaded & smooth. Back toward Eagle River on 7 to 17/7/13 intersection. Left toward town.
- At intersection took 70W to the St. Germain BoBoen connect. Trail had all conditions from FAIR to GOOD. Some burn through on the 2 high plateaus high up across hwy from WI River. Back to town
- 10E on south side of hwy 70 was in GOOD shape all the way home
Please stay on the trails.
Catfish & Eagle Lake trails are marked with orange reflective barrels. Deep surface slush on both lakes. Plus some ice fishing holes near the trail.
Ride it while we got it! SEE YA ON THE TRAILS AGAIN TODAY!
News and Reports:
With Current Conditions Stay tuned for Wednesday & Thursday Trail Ride Updates
Be sure to contact Club President, Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876 for more information on the rides
- March 2 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – VFW Post 8637 – 6pm – One block west of Eliason Realty – Hwy 70 on the left – Public Welcome
- March 18 – General Membership Meeting – 7pm – Via Facebook – Goes to Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
- March 19-20 – RAM Trucks National Snocross – World Championship Derby Complex -Stay tuned for more details!
To volunteer or for more information on Sno-Eagles activities
contact Howard Wolf at 262.442.4876
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Newly Updated Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas Cty. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Newly Updated Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
AWSC – Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs
DNR Snowmobiling Helpful Information