Trail Conditions: Early Season
Snow Cover: Light
Date of Report: December 12, 2018
We had an active weekend on the Trails, both with Grooming activity and riders. Groomers were able to get out reported that for the most part the trails were in good shape, however there was more traffic than they had anticipated. Groomers are putting trails back together and still requesting that riders hold off until we get some additional snow.
- Weather is going to be quiet with temperature in high 20’s/low 30’s, with the potential for some light snows mid week.
- Trail 8 East: Trail has been brushed and drag was taken out for first time on 12/10. Group effort between GAG, MI-Trale and help from the Sno Valley Riders Snowmobile Club.
- Trail 8 West: Trail opened near County line and groomers are asking riders to Trail 8 West so they can get the wet areas frozen.
- All other trails have been packed and groomed – but for now we are just waiting on more snow for perfect conditions
*** please use caution when riding the trails***. This is just not our trails but all area trails.
- We ask that you respect our area, as local residents are complaining to the Groomer Clubs and the DNR about the trespassing taking place on their properties. We know that riding powder is fun, but do so respectfully and don’t cross on private property. When you do, it creates problems with the landowners. At the landowner’s discretion – they can shut access down and then we’ll have to go to the expense and time to figure out a re-route – if that’s even possible.
- Groomers are working hard to get you the trails you want to ride. Help us out and we will all have a much better season – this season – and next!
That’s all for now – this is Mary Beth at AJ’s Walleye Lodge encouraging everyone to get out and to the Heikki Lunta Snow Dance!!! 906-575-3557