Snow Cover: Excellent
Date of Report: December 26, 2019
Lake Gogebic Area is experiencing a bit of a warm-up after our Christmas holiday – but looks like 12/26 is the worst and temps drop back below freezing on Friday and there’s a big storm coming in on Saturday. We’ve received so much snow that a little melt is ok – as it will help to compress some of the snow on the trails as well as the lake and with colder temps on the horizon – that will help firm wet spots and help ice conditions. Gogebic Area Groomers report good overall conditions and were out over Christmas filling in some of the wet problem areas on our trails and will be out nightly when temps are below 30 degrees. There are some areas where water it showing – but the cold temps will help out.
- Trail 1N: Good to excellent. White Pine to Silver City is fair with a couple wet spots appearing with the warm temps. There is a bridge out in Silver City, but you can carefully navigate around. Lake of the clouds is excellent and groomed last night.
- Trail 1S: crews were out brushing and signing and got the trail opened up. They made snow bridges – just use caution with our warm temps today.
- Trail 1S from Trail 100 to Trail 8: Closed until further notice as logging is taking place until the end of December.
- Trail 8 West: Groomers were out filling in wet spots over Christmas – use caution.
- Trail 8 East: Gets thin past Ewen. There are 2 logging areas on Trail 3 North between trail 2 and 8. (near Bond Falls Area)
- Trails 13 North: good condition.
- Trails 13 South All trails on South end are reporting good.
- Past the Root Cellar, there is more logging. You will have to travel on East Shore Rd approximately 2 mile further then before to get back onto trail 13. A new reroute will take place. Please follow the signs marked 13. (Permanent Re-Route for the 2019-2020 Season).
- Trail 102 (South Boundary Road) is in excellent shape and groomed last night. There is a new reroute about 4 miles before trail 11. The trail is marked well and the reroute was a very nice turn out. (Temporary Re-Route)
- Trail 100: Logging is happening between Stagecoach Rd and the Slate River (very end of Lake Gogebic) Marshall Creek Bridge has been fixed so you can get to Marenisco from trail 100. (Permanent for 2019-2020 season)
Please stay on the trails, respect private property, do not drink and drive, and above all else, drive safely. Be mindful that there are a lot of families and kids on the trails this week. The signs on the trails are there for rider’s safety so please DO NOT remove or destroy them.
Please support the clubs where you ride — join Gogebic Area Grooming today! http://www.gogebicareagrooming.com/join-the-club-2/