Trail Conditions: Excellent
Snow Cover: 24" in the week - more on the way!
Date of Report: February 4, 2019
Another busy snowmobile weekend in the Lake Gogebic Area. Temps warmed up from our deep freeze over the weekend, but have considerably dropped which is where they are forcasted to stay. Thankfully, we did not receive all the predicted rain and what we did get only helped to firm up our existing base which will just work to extend our season in the long run..
Right now we are seeing white fluffy powder of which there is 3-5” predicted for today. Forecast looks great – temps no higher than mid-teens and snow almost every single day. John Dee’s forecast calls for 8-12” between Feb 9th and Feb 13th and we’ve received over 24” in the last week. Groomers were out last night and all trails are reported to be in GOOD to EXCELLENT condition.
- NWS Marquette, MI Next 24 Hours Snow Forecast: click here
- John Dee Snow Central Forecast: click here
Overall trail conditions are GOOD to EXCELLENT:
- Trail 1 North: Excellent
- Trail 1 South: Remember there is a re-route from the North corner of the lake to West
Shore Resort. You will have to ride the lake and pick up trail 1 S at that
point. Conditions are great from there to Marenisco.
- Trail 1/8 Corridor: Excellent
- Trail 8 West Good to Excellent
- Trail 8 East: Good – thin toward Ewen
- Trail 13 N & S: Good to Excellent
- Trail 102: Excellent
- Trail 100: Closed to Logging this season.
Please be sure to stay on the trails, respect private property, do not drink and drive, and above all else, drive safely. The signs on the trails are there for rider’s safety so please DO NOT remove or destroy them.
Weekends are almost sold out for february – if you are looking for rooms – send us an email or give us a call!