Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: Dwindling fast
Date of Report: March 29, 2023
Here we are, folks. The season is coming to an end. The Vilas county trails will officially close at midnight on Friday, March 31. It’s been an amazing season and we thank all who have spent time on our trail system and in the local establishments.
Here’s some stats for you going back 18 seasons.
- The last time trails stayed open till March 31st was the 2012-13 season.
- This is only the second time in 18 years we’ve made it to March 31st.
- This season lasted a total of 98 days. The longest was 111 days in the 12-13 season.
- The shortest season was 65 days during the 2010-11 season.
- The average season lasts 84 days.
Hope to see you all again next year!!