Snow Cover: 2-5 inches. Last snow Lake Effect
Date of Report: December 10, 2016
Vilas County Snowmobile Trails Are Currently Closed
***TRAILS WILL OPEN DECEMBER 12- SNOW & WEATHER CONDITIONS PERMITTING***
Parks & Recreation Administrator, Dale Mayo, will finish inspecting today, Saturday, December 10. He will contact all 11 Clubs Monday morning, December 12 for individual area conditions for each Club. Stay tuned for an announcement. Trails are officially sanctioned & given the ok to open by Vilas County. Shouldn’t be too long now. Safety First!
COLD temps have moved into Eagle River. High today of 12 degrees. Low tonight 7. Tomorrow temps will bounce up to 21 and 1-3 inches of SNOW is forecast. This does not include any Lake Effect that might come in from the north. After that it will be COLD for the near future. Single digits or below 0 every night. This is great news. Swamps and wet areas will freeze up tight!
Right now the Trail Boss has enlisted snowmobiles to run back & forth over wet areas to move the freeze up along by compressing the snow & slush.
Keep THINKING COLD as there still are wet swamps & marshy areas.
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 updated every morning.
News and Reports:
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- December 15 – Christmas Party at Eddie B’s White Spruce – No meeting (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- December 13
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.