Snow Cover: 4 inches on average
Date of Report: December 11, 2016
Vilas County Snowmobile Trails Are Currently Closed
11 CLUBS OF VILAS COUNTY WILL DECIDE TOMORROW ON THEIR INDIVIDUAL CLUBS OPENING DATE.
Snow today in Eagle River! 3-4 inches of SNOW in the forecast! Today & tomorrow highs near or just above 20. Then we head into the deep freeze. Single digits during the day & below zero at night. This just what is needed to keep freezing up the trails.
Right now the Trail Boss has enlisted snowmobiles to run back & forth over wet areas to move the freeze up along by compressing the snow & slush. Reports this is working.
Should have a target date for Sno-Eagles, Inc. trail opening sometime tomorrow.
Keep THINKING COLD and yes Do the Snow Dance!
GO PACK GO!
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- December 15 – Christmas Party at Eddie B’s White Spruce – No meeting (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- December 13
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.