Snow Cover: 6-9 inches - Hard base of 3 inches
Date of Report: December 18, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Good Early Riding Condition
Yesterday about 3-4 inches of new SNOW fell depending where you are in Sno-Eagles Country. Looks like just a little more heading north & east. Bringing the total SNOW Depth to 10 inches. On the trails the hard base is now up to a little under 3 inches. The cold weather is going to help build the base. This morning at 6:11 am it is 11 BELOW ZERO with a high today of 0. Tonight dropping to 13 BELOW ZERO. Forecasters say 18 for a high on Monday. Time to ride!
Here is today’s report from the Trail Boss, Brian Scheid:
“New snow has been packed, and panned. Grooming Canceled for Sunday Night! (too cold for machines and staff)
- St. Germain – Trail 70 – Groomed
- Anvil Lake – Trail 10 – Groomed
- Conover – Trail 10 – Groomed
- Sayner – Trail 13 – Groomed
- Town – Trail 13 – some areas not groomed, packed with snowmobiles
- Town (North) – Trail 17 – trail packed with groomer only
- Town (South) – Trail 17 – trail packed with snowmobile
- Granpa&Grahm Trail – Trail 10 – Groomed
- Manske Swamp (portion of Trail 3) Open but not groomed CAUTION: ICE CHUNKS
- WI River Bridge (portion of 10/13) Open but not groomed
- Catfish Lake & Eagle Lake – Marked Closed
Grooming Schedule – Upcoming: M, T, W, Th, F, S”
Please Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss, Brian Scheid, 715.891.2332, firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep Doin’ The Snow Dance! It’s working!
Finally we get to ride! Did you remember to register your sled & buy trail passes?
See Ya On The Trails Real Soon!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
News and Reports:
MONTHLY MEETINGS 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES – Starting Wednesday, December 21!
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.