Trail Conditions: Fair
Snow Cover: Ice base varied - SNOW on the way!
Date of Report: February 21, 2022
SNOW ON THE WAY
February 21, 2022 – 7:00am 11 degrees – High 18 – Low tonight 7
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for all of Vilas County. It is in effect until midnight Tuesday night. SNOW totals of 6-9 inches are forecast. Just what the trails need! Just to be sure START DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!!.
Currently the trails have all conditions & the conditions change quickly. Yesterday’ warm up softened up the SNOW. With the new SNOW coming trails will improve greatly by late Tuesday. If you will be riding be aware weather conditions will change quickly. With blowing SNOW.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) shows groomers back out grooming last night. Here are the trails groomed:
North of Eagle River
- Trail 10/13 from groomer barn to the connect with the Conover trails
- Wisconsin River bridge crossing of Trail 10/13 that heads west
- Trail 13 heading north toward Buckatabon Lake/Bauers Dam connect with Conover trails – ALL loops groomed
- Trail 17N
- Trail 1 to the northside entrance to Eagle Lake trail
East & South
- Trail Atl 13 heading south of Eagle River all the to the Three Lakes connect
- Trail 10E main trail to Three Lakes connect. Chanticleer Inn trail to the Eagle Lake entrance & Grampa Grahm (1) were not groomed
Catfish & Eagle lake trails marked & OPEN. Stay by the orange reflective barrels. DO NOT think the entire lake is safe. Several sleds have gone in the water this season far from the barrels.
Please KEEP DOIN’ THE SNOW DANCE!
See ya on the trails!
THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
715.479-5185 Weekly Trail Update
News and Reports:
- 2/25-26 – Arctic Derby Dash
- 3/1 – Sno-Eagles Board of Directors meeting – 6pm – Location TBD
- 3/17 – General member meeting at Chef Rene’s – 6:30pm – Hwy 70W of Eagle River
- 3/26 – Groom to Ride raffle drawing – 1pmm – Trackside – Hwy 45N across from the Derby Track
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10 – Time to join a club!
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30
Out of State Trail Pass – $50
Vilas County Map It Trail App GPS style app of all trails in Vilas County. Plus includes the brown 3 digit emergency numbering system. If an emergency happens call 911 & give them that number. Find you quicker.
Groomer Tracking Systems (GTS) Gives you trails groomed in last 24, 48 & 96 hours
Snowmobile Wisconsin – Know before you go!