Snow Cover: Hard icy base snow covered
Date of Report: February 4, 2017
Trails Good Condition
Over the last few days cold temps & SNOW have returned to Eagle River! Since Sunday through Wednesday it looks to me that Eagle River got about 3-4 inches of new SNOW. West side of town looks to have gotten a little more. High today of 16. Singles digits tonight. More snow today, Saturday.
Looks like all trails were groomed again last night. ALL TRAILS ARE OPEN. Gates & fencing are down & the WI River Bridge section of Trail 10W/13N is OPEN.
Heavy traffic so as you ride stay on your side of the trail both straight aways & corners. Stop or yield at driveways. And remember the 55 dusk to dawn speed limit.
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels. No surface slush.
Keep Doin’ The Snow Dance! Time to ride!
Riding myself today full report on what I see tomorrow!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
- Register at local businesses
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month