Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: 4 inch hard base with soft snow on top
Date of Report: January 25, 2018
TRAILS IN GOOD CONDITION
More grooming in Eagle River last night Trails north & northwest, through town and Trail 10E were groomed Today is Thursday which means a Sno-Eagles guided ride with President Rusty. Meet at the Ice Castle by the Historic Railroad Depot at 9am.
Rider photo of Tuesday night grooming
Trails are in Good to Very Good Condition. There was little schiff of fine SNOW late afternoon around dark out east of town. Temps are rising to 30 today with overcast skies. Trail should hold but the SNOW will be softer.
Here are a few continuing reminders on the trails:
- Trail 1N logging operation continues in the section between the Town of Washington Town Hall & Eagle Lake. Clearly marked with signs. Minimal grooming on this trail.
- Wisconsin River Trail – 10W/13N & Manske Swamp – 3N were groomed. Found 10W/13N to be in really good shape. No slush, rough spots or icy conditions. With temps at 30 this area could soften up.
CATFISH LAKE LOOP & EAGLE LAKE TRAILS ARE NOW BOTH MARKED AND OFFICIALLY OPEN. PLEASE STAY BY THE BARRELS TO BE SAFE. VERY HARD SURFACE. RIDERS TELL ME NO SURFACE SLUSH AS OF LAST NIGHT. REMINDER THE CATFISH LAKE LOOP TO LUMPY’S IS NO LONGER A TRAIL.
If you are riding zip on over to the “grade” to check out the 2018 Eagle River Area Fire Department ICE CASTLE!!!! Located adjacent to the downtown “grade” trail by the Historic Railroad Grade. The lights installed change colors. Ice benches as part of the Castle let you take photos of your group. Check out this link Eagle River Ice Castle to check out a video of the Ice Castle building. Holding up well in the warm up.
Next on the Winter events schedule is the 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey set for February 9-11 on Dollar Lake east of Eagle River. Check out the is link LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey for info.
THINK COLD & Keep Dancin’!
Plenty of new SNOW. See ya on the trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185
Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club
News and Reports:
Every Wednesday & Thursday throughout the snowmobiling season – Sno-Eagles Guided Trail Ride. Meet at the Historic Railroad Depot on Trail 13 in town at 9am. All are welcome. Trail conditions permitting.
Jan 26-28 – Women on Snow
January 27 – Saturday Night Out – Nutty Squirrel – 5:30pm
Jan 31 – Feb 2 – Weekday Ride-A-Way
Feb 6 – Board of Directors meeting, Hall of Fame
Feb 9-11 – 13th Annual LaBatt Blue Pond Hockey on Dollar Lake
- Feb 15 – Member Meeting – Eddie B’s – 6pm
- Feb 18 – Celebrate Snowmobiling Dignitary Ride & Gathering
- Feb 24 – Ride With Pride drawing – TrackSide – 12noon
- Feb 24 – Trail Ride following Ride With Pride drawing
- Feb 24 – Saturday Night Out – Silver Leaf – 5:30pm
Handy Snowmobile Links
Wisconsin Snowmobile Registration
Discount Trail Pass for Snowmobile Club Members – $10
Standard Wisconsin Trail Pass – $30